Australia’s top hospitals in delivery of quality, evidence-based stroke treatment and care have been recognised in the 2020 Australian Stroke Coalition Quality Stroke Service Awards.
The Awards are for hospitals that achieve nine best-practice stroke treatment and care benchmarks, including treatment with thrombolysis (blood clot-dissolving treatment) within 60 minutes of hospital arrival, the provision of stroke unit care, and the provision of a discharge care plan. The 2020 awards have been based on data submitted to the Australian Stroke Clinical Registry (AuSCR) for stroke hospital admissions in 2019.
The top performing hospitals were:
- Townsville Hospital (QLD)
- Rockhampton Hospital (QLD)
- Echuca Regional Health (VIC)
- Princess Alexandra Hospital (QLD)
- Wimmera Base Hospital (VIC)
- Port Macquarie Hospital (NSW)
- Caboolture Hospital (QLD)
Click here for the video announcement of the Awards by Sharon McGowan, CEO of the Stroke Foundation.