The Australian Stroke Coalition has announced the recipients of their National Quality Stroke Service Awards for 2021.
Thirteen hospitals were recognised as achieving the standard for Excellence across nine quality of stroke care measures (see box below for a summary),in line with national stroke guidelines and national Acute Stroke Clinical Care Standards. These hospitals are:
- Port Macquarie Hospital (NSW)
- Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital (NSW)
- Sutherland Hospital (NSW)
- Northern Beaches Hospital (NSW)
- Redcliffe Hospital (QLD)
- Townsville Hospital (QLD)
- Cairns Hospital (QLD)
- Wagga Wagga Base Hospital (NSW)
- Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital (QLD)
- Goulburn Valley Health (VIC)
- Echuca Regional Health (VIC)
- Wimmera Base Hospital (VIC)
- Peninsula Health – Frankston Hospital (VIC)
Congratulations to all these hospitals for their hard work and standard of patient care.